Saturday, November 14, 2009

Running The Race!




Someone asked me on Friday why I would choose to pay to run a race.....  So I thought I would post my few responses....

Why do I PAY to run a race?



#1.   To stay motivated to keep my focus on my health and fitness goals.   If I pay for an event, I'm more likely to  work harder to train for it and do better at it.


#2.   Meet some great folks who encourage you along the way.


#3.   Help some great causes in fund-raising efforts throughout the community. 



#4.   Have fun with my friends as they run along side with me.   It's fun having a connection with people.  It's fun accomplishing a goal with friends!



#5.   There's nothing like crossing that finish line knowing that you finished.    "You didn't give up.  You did it.  You finished."    I can't wait to hear God say.... "You did it.  Well done Nickie".  



#6.   After not being able to run or exercise for 6 months... I'm thankful to be able to move, run, hop, skip, walk, exercise.  I'm thankful to be able to move and sweat off the day.   I won't take for granted the chance to exercise.




So... here's my challenge in 2010....  my first 10K in Charleston!       Off to stretch and get ready for my day!   Anyone want to join me in March?   Ready,  Set,   Go!



Let's do our best to finish well in all we do! 





1 Corinthians 9:24
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.



Proverbs 15:9
A life frittered away disgusts God; he loves those who run straight for the finish line.

Hebrews 12:1
Therefore then, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses [who have borne testimony to the Truth], let us strip off and throw aside every encumbrance (unnecessary weight) and that sin which so readily (deftly and cleverly) clings to and entangles us, and let us run with patient endurance and steady and active persistence the appointed course of the race that is set before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment